Sunday 8 March 2015

Ji Chang Wook - Empty and Next Story

Usually, the beginning of things start from emptiness. 
When you look at a bowl that can contain sumptuous food or a simple meal,just like an actor that “contains” the life of others in place of them, you sense a strange kinship. 
When “containing” the brilliant days of youth or the life of someone who has had a hard day,I “empty” myself in order to stand on yet another path. 
To me, “emptying” myself is the leisurely feeling of filling up my notebook with my daily life orthe freedom of travelling towards an unfamiliar place with light footsteps,enjoying my time alone in a place filled with the scent of wood, and the joy of meeting up with good people sometimes. 
Meeting a Me whom I cannot even imagine, and when I discover a certain possibility within that Me, I have become yet another Me. 
Just like a bowl that differs in depth and colour depending on the scent,alas, through the single process of filling up, emptying and dyeing, a unique colour of mine is created. 
Like that, I’m newly “filled up” once again.
The narration is very profound and hard to understand at first glance (and also a headache to find the right English words for the translation). In essence, the actor is being compared to a bowl here. Just like how a bowl can be “emptied”, “filled up” and be used to “contain” many different things, an actor also has to “empty” his emotions of a character after a show ends, then “fill up” himself with new emotions for a new show, thus effectively “containing” a new character within him. Hope this helps in making things clearer. 
NOTE: 
I really like how the writer writes those words and compare it to an actor or actress. I think it's a wonderful metaphore to compare with because it does portrays how an actor or actress have to fill in the emotion of a character and cast a way that particular character when it's over. It's like we eat something in a bowl that contains different types of food. Of course it'll taste different everytime you eat because the type food is differ and so does the bowl. 

To be honest, I found this video because of Ji Chang Wook. (An avid fan here!) But it turns out I fell in love with the script, those words, metaphore and not forgetting the bowl. Hahaha. =)

I really am in love with Ji Chang Wook right now. I've watched Healer and now Empress Ki (which is AWESOMEE!), I really have to say that Ji Chang Wook is quite talented in acting. In Healer, he portrays that mysterious kind of guy and in Empress Ki, I have to say, that Emperor's character was probably one of the most complex character in the drama that I've seen so far. One moment he was sad, one moment he was acting like a brat, one moment he was happy and so much more. To be honest, I think he is much more better than Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun. I'm not hating on them, in fact I like them, they're good but I think Ji Chang Wook can grasp and portrays the emotion slightly better. :D

And so, to conclude, I really like the words, the script and metaphore in this mv. The writer really did a great job with the script and also the mv is totally an eye candy. Good job! :D 
(Not forgetting, Ji Chang Wook is totally killing me with those stares. *faints*)


**Translation source: Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen
**Watch the video here: Ji Chang Wook's (Empty and Next Story)

No comments:

Post a Comment